Day 98 Friday, May 14, 2010
Weight: 175.2 It’s alarming to lose 8.4 lbs between Monday midnight and Friday 6 AM! It took two weeks to slowly gain that. How much is really salt related water weight?
Breakfast: 3 oz strawberries – 30, 1/3 cup oatmeal – 50, coffee with 1 oz apple – 15, 1 oz banana – 25 and 1 oz onions – 40 as sweeteners/flavors. Total – 160 cals.
Lunch: 1 oz mixed seeds – 165, 1 oz strawberries – 10, 2 oz banana – 50. Total – 225.
Dinner: 3 oz avocado – 75, 5 oz very lean pork – , 2 oz strawberries – 20, 2 oz blackberries – 25, 1/2 oz mixed seeds – 90. Total – 210.
Snacks: 3 oz strawberries/melon/blackberries – 35, 1 oz seeds – 165, 2 oz banana – 50, 3 oz. pecans! – 590! Total – 840!
Total 5/14/2010 = 1,685 calories.
- The girls had Thai food. It would have cost me $15 to get a piece of steamed catfish so I went down the road and bought some whole foods: avocados, bell pepper and some very lean (believe me, overly lean) pork.
- I proselytized to more people. when I would tell them I was down 35 lbs, most would want to know how (not everyone). I told them “whole foods” and given the chance would tell them more. It’s still clear that there needs to be a way to “can open” those in need to get it and to believe it can work:
- 1. A Kragen’s employee, maybe 25, already in good shape. He knew how bad processed foods are.
- 2. Courtenay in the Grocery Outlet where I got the few whole foods. She was providing samples of salami and crackers. She has been hearing about the diabetes epidemic and was interested in how to lose weight.
- 3. In Safeway a gentleman who was maybe 5’5″ and weighed at least 350 lbs. He could hardly walk around. He had just put into his shopping cart a big container of chocolate chip cookies, bread, pasta, macaroni salad. He listened but didn’t ask any questions, said “Thank you” and left. Did he realize that he was pumping calories instead of nutrients?
- 4. A lady in the Safeway line. She wanted to lose weight but didn’t want to know how so I kindly baited her and she said, “OK, how?” I said “whole foods”. She “got it” but is not actually ready to change anything.
- 5. A lady at the Scotts Valley Safeway who could easily lose 100 lbs. She was riding a bicycle with a little electric motor.
- Six of us sat around the table last night including my family of four and my wife’s sister Esther and hubby bro-in-law Mike. There was a lot of discussion of food because Sara has been learning how to cook tasty things and Esther loves to cook. There was also discussion of 2 lb. hamburgers and other excessive eating. Whatever people said, they don’t yet get that these are components of the toxic environment that is the “Western Diet”. The glorification of savory tasting food in great quantities has been enculturated. It doesn’t take long to reverse once the blinders are lifted but it’s a wall until then.