Day 94 Monday, 5/10/2010
Weight: 183.4 Up 7 lbs. from the “local minimum” a few weeks ago.
- Matthew’s birthday
- Holita’s and my 27th anniversary
- Atlanta trip for niece Stacy’s wedding at the Carter Library.
- Visits/food with lot’s of extended family and friends
- A whirlwind but wonderful visit with Ken and Ann Davis and Miss Annie (94 years old and pretty sharp and wonderful as always).
- A visit to a seminar by Travis Martin at his Calhoun, GA Thrive! weight loss center Thrive! weight loss center arranged by my old college buddy John Bangert.
- Weight loss stories by folks in the airports in San Jose and Atlanta. Just tonight I talked with Bob B. who had lost 30 lbs about two years ago on weight watchers and has gained 20 back over those two years. I also talked with Debbie M. who lost 25 lbs but has been gaining some back. They both claimed laziness. Interesting.
I intend to write more tomorrow about all the observations and learnings from the trip. Meanwhile, read Michael Pollan’s “In Defense of Food”. There is stunning info in it.