Last day of the ninth week! New realities: This is sustainable.
Weight: Down 29 lbs! 181.2 lbs. 4/9/2010
Contacts: Much fun today due to sharing lunch
- Met Richard Scott, Organizational Expert and SCORE volunteer
- SaraV and I ate the two lunches I packed minus some contents each (too much food).
- MikeM ate cookies and I think the lamb.
- MaheshG ate broccoli (one container). Somebody ate strawberries (1 container).
- Got to talk with SaraI to explore writing and weight losing psychology.
Learned: I can continue to lose weight until I want to stop and then can stabilize by expanding my stomach to the right amount and balancing intake with burn rate. The craving monster is broken but alive. Must keep it in the dungeon.
- Keeping control of intake without going hungry can be accomplished by eating small amounts several times a day. That can also help shrink the stomach to “undersize” for weight loss and “right size” for weight stabilization.
- It’s not so important to track every intake if you are not overeating. It’s more important to recognize when you are overeating and why.
- Boil or bake a bunch of stuff.
- Buy small inexpensive Ziplock or Glad microwavable containers from the chain food store and or use small baggies.
- Make veggies, nuts and seeds available throughout the day but eat “just enough times”
- Make fruits available once you’ve cracked the sugar craving cycle. When your “sweet tooth” craving goes away and smaller amounts of sugar taste sweet, you have arrived!
- Remember that 9 ounces of sweet potato equal one ounce of gin in calories but not nutrients!
- A 6 oz banana is 1/4th skin and 3/4ths fruit by weight. 4.5 oz of fruit in a 6 oz banana has 115 cals.
- Dogs can eat oatmeal, bananas, eggs: And then the dog ate oatmeal and bananas and an egg. Blackie, our 14 year old, overweight Lab, could lose some weight carefully and healthily if I start feeding him healthy food dogs can eat. See near the end of this slide show for foods good for dogs. Now, how to weigh Blackie daily? I don’t yet know. I fixed blackie 1/4 oz oats (oatmeal) and some banana slices and added an egg. This is the first time he’s ever eaten such a breakfast except for the egg. He sniffed, licked the egg once and skulked away. Then I sat with him, acted like I was eating it and he started on the egg. He kept getting a few oatmeal and banana licks while egging and then ate the oatmeal. At the end he happily ate the chunks of banana. 🙂 Now to watch for what comes out the other end. This isn’t a balanced meal for him (or might it be?) but I’m going to see if I can wean him from the high fructose corn syrup and salt in his daily diet. Speculation: Blackie, our 14 year old, overweight Lab, could lose some weight carefully and healthily if I start feeding him healthy food dogs can eat. See near the end of this slide show for foods good for dogs. Now, how to weigh Blackie daily?
Link from Mick Shea this link to a TEDTalk on why what we'[re eating is unhealthy.
Lunch: packed 2 lunches and invited a Nextspacer to share. I ate .5 oz strawberries, 3 oz avocado, 1 oz broccoli, 3 oz lamb/onions, 1 navel orange. – 500 cals
Dinner: 3 pieces Woodstock Pizza at Nextspace (they hosted happy hour). Two pieces were artichoke tomato and 1 equivalent was made up of smaller cinnamon pizza pieces. 5 oz India Pale Ale beer. 700 cals?
Snack: must have eaten something: 300 cals?