Weight: 182.2 lbs. 4/6/2010 bare
Learned: I can now smell salt in prepared foods. It’s stunning how much salt is in a store bought roasted chicken. Salt’s cheap.
Learned: BJ, my lady tailor, made this paraphrased comment: “People coming in for taking in clothes are almost all between the ages of 40-60. They have taken control of their bodies resulting in meaningful weight reductions.
Learned: Need a new wardrobe. BJ, my lady tailor at “A Better Fit” said that because of the design of areas such as the pants crotch, past a certain weight loss there’s no way to make the clothes look good by tailoring them.
Contacts: Stacy Nagel did an excellent video interview with me. She’s a natural. She’s lost 35 lbs. by changing eating habits, counting calories and exercising.
Breakfast: 1/2 oz oats (oatmeal), 1 poached egg, coffee, 15 g. brown sugar, 6 g creamer. Total = 215 cals.
Lunch: 1/2 oz walnuts – 100, 3 oz sweet potatoes/onions – 85, 3 oz beef/onions – 170, 1 oz banana – 25. Total = 380 cals.
Dinner: 4 oz potato/onion – 115, 3 oz beef/onion – 170, 1 oz Gouda cheese – 100, 1 oz banana – 25. Total = 410 cals.
Snacks: 10 g walnuts – 65, 2 small mandarin oranges – 80, 2 1/2 oz sugar cookies – 130. Total = 275 cals.
Total 4/6: 1,280 cals.
- Cooked four dishes and resulted in a fifth last night:
- 16 oz. sweet potato with onions; added 3/4 oz butter and 1 oz brown sugar.
- 18 oz. potato with onions; added 3/4 oz butter.
- 16 oz butternut squash with onions; added 3/4 oz butter and 1 oz brown sugar.
- 20 oz london broil beef with onions
- 16 oz juice from the serial cooking of all four dishes. It’s very tasty!
- Thinking I need to vary the veggies more.
- Adding walnuts in small quantities to the diet has fairly well eliminated squishy stools.
- Dieting and exercising sure is burning the calories.
- Worked from 8 AM to 10 PM
- There were free pizzas and wine at the SV Tech Meetup but I didn’t feel tempted; was glad I’d eaten healthily before attending.