Weight: 186.4 9 AM 3/25/2010 no clothes, after breakfast
Learned: High fructose corn sugar syrup (aka HFCS) is in most prepared foods and could correlate with America’s average weight gains. See King Corn. I streamed it on netflix, very convenient. Didn’t have to walk to the car to get to a theater. 🙂
Learned: Drinking one can of HFCS sweetened soda a day increases the chance of Type II Diabetes by 6%.
- Cheap corn led to cheap fructose sugar (HFCS) which tastes great in almost everything.
- By eliminating most processed foods I’ve eliminated most fructose in my diet as well as a lot of fat.
- I wonder if my body craved fructose, fat or both until the craving cycle was broken? I don’t really want to try the necessary experiments of increasing fat or fructose intake. Those will have to wait until I get to my new target weight of 165.
- My fingernails continue to grow. I keep testing them with my teeth out of habit but have not bitten one in at least a few weeks, mainly since the craving went away.
- I think these experiments are replicable. Maybe other people could benefit and also lose their craving for food. My hunger seems much less biased toward sweets and fat.
- Hungry this morning;I’m under the weather with a lingering cold and have taken a packet of vitamins.
- Went looking for chicken in the freezer; found two 7 lb. packages from 10/24/2007! Trying a microwave thaw to see if this 2.5 year old chicken is still edible. I wonder how much it cost to freeze and keep that all this time.
Breakfast: 6 AM 1/8 cup oats, no sugar; 8:30 AM 1/8 cup oats, 1 oz of buttered toast, 5 oz coffee, 20 grams brown sugar, 10 grams dry creamer. Total about 430 cals.
Lunch: 1 PM 6.15 oz navel orange = 84 cals. Funny, even oranges have fructose in them, 4 grams in this case, 16 cals.
How to: I cooked frozen chicken in the Microwave (Mu) like this but don’t know if it’s a healthy way to go. It seemed to have worked:
- Thaw a chunk of chicken parts in the Mu on very low power. I used 10 min at PL=2 (of 10)
- Separate into individual pieces.
- Mu longer at PL – 2 if needed until thawed
- Mu at PL-6 or PL-7 for 6 mins.
- Scrape off the fatty skin and it’s ready to eat.