Learned: If you have a few people cooking (Holita and Sara and I) you really don’t have to make very many dishes each to have a full refrig.
Learned: How to make breakfast for you and the dog in 5 minutes with 2 minutes cleanup (see just below starting at “Oatmeal”)
Oatmeal in 5 min:
- Heat up water in a coffee cup (your choice how high to fill it) in the Mu, 1 min for 3 fluid oz , 2 min for 8 oz. The average coffee cup tops off at 10 oz.
- Put the cup on a towel and put in a measured amount of oats, 1/2 by volume of the amount of water you heated.
- Wrap the cup a bit and let it steep for 3 minutes.
- Buy a $5 microwave egg poacher.
- Crack and empty one egg into each poaching hole
- Add 1/2 tsp water on top of each egg.
- Mu for 1 min. (adjust based on results which will vary depending on temperature, Mu machine, etc.)
Coffee: (pre-made in a “thermos type coffee maker”):
- Mu your coffee for 1-2 min. depending on your personal temperature preference.
- Why buy a “thermos pot coffee maker”? These save a lot of money. The coffee is not kept warm via heating. It doesn’t burn and is drinkable for a long time based on your tastes.
The dog: Scoop out kibbles or meat as you normally do. I add one poached egg to his kibbles.
Cleanup: Really easy:
- Egg poachers often take seconds to clean but can take a minute.
- The oatmeal cup (when freshly emptied) washes and rinses in seconds.
- The coffee cup washes and rinses in seconds.
Comments: I really do this. I relax and eat for 10-15 minutes while doing computer stuff and then do a quick cleanup. Holita finds no dirty dishes after I’m done.
Breakfast: 1/8 cup oats (oatmeal) = 0.5 oz USDA CF 3.8 = 60 cals, 1 poached egg – 90 cals, 5 0z coffee, 2 dessert tsp brown sugar – 80 cals, 1 dessert tsp dry creamer – 60 cals. Total = 270 cals.
Lunch: 5 oz asparagus and oyster mushrooms with some oil (Sara made a fresh batch, yummy)
Dinner: 2.5 oz sweet potato (no butter or oil) USDA CF 3.2 – 50 cals., soup with a bit of chicken, veggies and noodles – 150 cals.
Snack: 1/2 slice dry sweet bread toast, 3 oz. tuna (in water), 1 oz dill relish.