Comments: new recipe below (my own experiment)
Breakfast: Oatmeal, 8 cents.
Lunch: 2 poached eggs, 50 cents.
Dinner: Radiatori Pasta Recipe
- Add 1/2 tsp. salt to 4 cups water in a 2 quart microwave bowl.
- Microwave on high for seven minutes.
- Add 3 cups radiatori (about 9 oz.)
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Microwave for 3 more minutes.
- Pour into a strainer and you’re DONE!
Pasta sauce (bought + additions):
- Put 1/2 bottle Classico Garlic and Tomato sauce to (the same now empty) microwave bowl.
- Add what you want. Added these things:
- Microwaved two fresh hot Italian sausage for 3-1/2 minutes. Cut up and added to sauce.
- Cut up one fire roasted Hornitas pepper (from a jar).
This all took about a half hour (first experiment). It tasted very good! I ate two and a half scoops. I haven’t figured out how much this costs but it worked and tasted good!